A PhD or Masters in Pharmacology/ Toxicology / Chemistry / Life Sciences / Environmental Science or equivalent.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- A minimum of 4-7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Well-versed with the procedures of managing an analytical lab.
- Should possess good managerial and Team-building skills.
- Good knowledge of the GLP standards and safety regulations to be followed.
- Well versed with the method development, operation and calibration of sophisticated analytical instruments like HPLC, Spectrophotometer, FTIR etc.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be computer savvy.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of the lab.
- Overall responsibility of the equipment, employees, supplies, software, and documentation at the lab.
- Allocation of tasks to team members and ensuring timely completion of the same.
- Identifying and scheduling training of existing and new team members, where required.
- Ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements, standards and schedules.
- Ensuring adherence to necessary safety measures that should be followed in the lab.
- Ensuring smooth functioning of the lab activities.
- Streamlining the lab procedures and activities as per GLP standards.
- Delegating and getting the work done to ensure proper maintenance and calibration of equipment, adherence to SOPs established, safety precautions and house-keeping.
- Identifying and initiating the purchase/procurements of the equipment/instruments and lab supplies, upon approval from management.
- Reviewing and updating the procedures and SOPs from time to time, as required.
- Should be a good team builder – should act as a binding force to keep the team united and strong.
- Would report directly to the Management.